Monday, March 8, 2010

Chasing the Sun


Today was a perfect beach day—it was everything you would imagine it to be. Not a cloud was in the sky, the water was calm, and the sand smooth. The sun was shining bright and warmed the body the moment you walked outside. The rays from the sun left my skin a beautiful golden brown and my hair a bright honey yellow.



HOWEVER...

The sun's position is constantly changing--- going from the east side of the sky to the west side of the sky, and I have to adapt to that change. For a majority of the day, I can simply adjust my body to face the direction of the sun to feel its full warmth. But as it moves further and further to the west and as it begins to set, I feel cold. At this point, I have a choice to make. Do I give in to the chill and go inside away from the sun's beauty and light, or do I throw on a hoody and change location so I can continue to enjoy it?

In life, things are constantly changing. You can choose to either throw in the towel when it gets a little cold and miss out on some of the beauty of life, or you can adapt to the change by throwing on a hoody and chase after the sun. It’s your choice. The way in which you adapt may not be ideal, but it may be necessary to help you get through that chill until the sun rises again.

Don’t ever stop chasing after the SON.




2 comments:

  1. I like :)
    But you'll have to chase the sun pretty fast to keep up with it when night comes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are beautiful right down to your sensitive soul. When life gets cold, throw on a hoody. Love it.

    ReplyDelete